- August 25, 2016
- Comments: 0
- Posted by: capelli
Color, Color, Everywhere! You have to admit when you see a guy or girl with vivid colors in their hair, you do stop and admire it. Here at Capelli – A Paul Mitchell Focus Salon, we do the same! We love seeing the way bright hues look and yet we know that you are curious about how to maintain your locks! Well we have a few foolproof tips to share with you straight from the Director of Color Education for Paul Mitchell!
MAKE A PLAN BEFORE YOU GO BRIGHT
“An important first step when coloring your hair a bright hue is to talk to your colorist about the journey of your color. If you’re going to dye your hair emerald green, make a plan for transitioning to your next color by planning in advance. Keep you hair’s health intact by subtly transitioning to a mermaid turquoise or sweet pastel mint as you move back to a natural hue.”
“Using products that help prolong your color and hydrate your hair is imperative. I use the Ultimate Color Repair® 3-Part System and recommend it to all of my color clients, whether their hair is blonde, black or blue! Ultimate Color Repair Triple Rescue® is one of the best products for locking in color and keeping hair healthy.”
“If you have coarse hair, shampoo your hair every 3-5 days and use Dry Wash® in between washes to keep your style fresh and full of volume. If you have fine hair, wash your hair more often but be sure to invest in a color care shampoo and conditioner like Ultimate Color Repair. And always use cool water to rinse your hair to reduce color fade.”
- Use UV protection on your tresses! Wear a hat when in the sun and always use Ultimate Color Repair Triple Rescue® when styling your hair—and be sure to shake it well to get all of the product’s goodness and UV protection!
- Turn your styling tools down to a lower setting to prevent color fade.
- Use Dry Wash® to prolong your style in between washes.
- Create texture with stylers like Awapuhi Wild Ginger Texturizing Sea Spray® and easy styling options like braids, for overnight curls.
- Ready to experiment, but not ready to commit? Have your Capelli Stylist color a clip-in extension for you to test drive.
- Ready to try something a bit more permanent? Ask your Capelli Stylist to create panels of color in your hair or an ombre of fashion tones.
- Ready to fully commit? Schedule your appointment with your Capelli Stylist and dive in!