- August 30, 2016
- Comments: 0
- Posted by: capelli
So, here are a few basic tips…
- Be sure your lips are not dry or cracked. If they are, you may want to exfoliate and add a little lip balm to smooth the appearance and fill in any crevices.
- You gotta line it! Yes, lip liners are wonderful tools in the art of lip color. Be sure to select one that matches your skin tone. Before you actually draw a line, place a dot in various points along the outline of your lips. Then simply connect the dots.
- Next…the lip color! Whether subtle or bold and bright be sure to to use a lip brush to apply the lip color around the edge. Begin at the center of your upper lip and move toward the outside corner, repeat on the other side. Follow the same steps for the bottom lip. Fill areas missing color by gently dabbing lipstick onto the lips.
- Gently press the lips together.
- Be sure to dust the lips with powder to help the color last a bit longer.
- If you are going to be using bold color, you will want to brush concealer over the lips before applying color. This allows the color to “pop.”
- For the perfect look, apply a little concealer around the edges, this will clean up any area “outside the line.”
There you have it! A few basic tips for your lips. Enjoy!
Questions? Visit Capelli – A Paul Mitchell Focus salon today! Our Professional MakeUp Artists are happy to assist you with all your makeup questions. Call for your appointment now 248-841-1338.